When planning to have a swimming pool in your yard, knowing the pool builders to choose is a critical decision to make before signing up a contract. Each year, with many natural disasters coming in, many people are being victims of fraud through unscrupulous and fly-by-night pool companies which offer rebuilds and fresh starts. Everyday should always be a warning, especially when you engage to a new contract with home and pool builders.
It is easy to spot red signs on pool builders who mask themselves with luring but false promises. If they tell you that they can finish the pool with unrealistic deadline and that a contract is not necessary with the deal or if the cost of labor is too low, then this is suspecting and untrusting. With a thousand of reasons, we only outline the most valid undertakings if a pool builder can be trusted or not.
Here are the signs when a pool builder company should be given a red light:
- When it is asking for upfront in cash to be handed to a sales representative.
- When it cannot produce a solid credential in terms of portfolio, references, etc.
- When the office or business address is nonexistent.
- When they cannot disclose a true price by telling you that it can only be revealed the moment you sign up.
- When they are too pushy on building a pool in your home.
Choosing your swimming pool builders is similar to choosing a contractor when you buy and build a home. It is an opportunity to check the contractors’ background by checking past works, warranty offers, and reputation. Even if somehow they have established a portfolio through their galleries, this does not mean they can “actually” have those credentials on hand. It is easy to build such reputation so far. These can only be verified through references, friends, and previous customers who are the living witness to these pool builders’ capacity and quality of work.
Formulating a few questions will help you understand your stand against a pool builder’s reputation and give you peace of mind whether to pursue or not on an upcoming offer:
- How establish is the pool builder?
- Do they handle everything, from construction, plumbing, and electrical?
- What is the scope of their warranty? (Knowing this will help you align your budget with existing offers and add-ons)
- How good they are in landscaping? Can your property be damaged?
The swimming pool of your dreams is going to be a huge investment you are about to commit to, and it takes saving, planning, and good decision-making before you allow pool builders dig a hole in your yard. It is ok to scrutinize and exhaust all of your options and see if your plan is realizable by your pool contractor. To ensure that your swimming pool investment is worth the risk, choose a reliable pool contractor. Look into the years they have been in the pool industry and check if they can present proofs that will show their efficiency in their craftsmanship.
In Houston, TLC Outdoor Living performs with the highest integrity in their career of transforming your backyard into an oasis. Make your outdoor environment the worthwhile place to hang around before summer begins. At TLC Outdoor Living, we build your dreams and your trust right into your place. Contact us now on your pool building venture for a free assessment.