If you plan to say goodbye to your old and barren backyard and convert it to a swimming pool, there are so much at stake before you embark on your residential dream resort. What do you think is the best pool shape? Or better? Any kind of pool shape can be better and best. It all boils down to your preference and other considerations.
The first thing to keep in mind is how your swimming pool will fit in your landscape. Different properties have different sizes of backyards. There is no best pool shape, but your pool builder will help you find a way to fit it in right into your spot!
Here are some suggestions:
- Rectangular. Perhaps the most common swimming pool shape available on earth and the easiest to build is the rectangular-shape pool. No hassles and intended for people whose aim is to swim laps. This shape is the most appropriate for backyards with simple lengthy geometric shape.
- Oval or round. If you hate angled corners because you feel they might be slightly dangerous, you can opt for an oval swimming pool or basic round. This kind of shape can be used as a spa. You can also opt for semi-circles. These shapes work well for small backyards with limited space for customization.
- Bean. Also called kidney-shaped pool, a bean-shaped pool maybe the one you need if you would like to have a retro look in your residence, as this shape is the most typical variant shape of pool 4 decades ago. Great choice for dipping and plunging, but not for lap swimming. Yet, bean-shape pools have more appeal on children, if you have any who will enjoy the pool.
- Angles and corners. If you hated all angled and sharp corners but never fully wanted round shapes or ovals, you can choose the mixed type, depending on the variant that pleases your taste. Swimming pool customization is easy for pool builders, given you have enough space and you do not choose fiberglass pools since they are pre-built. The best suggestion for the mixed angles is a rectangle shape with rounded corners. If the sharp corners of a basic rectangle-shape pool are an eyesore, then you can soften the shape by having the corners rounded.
- Free form. This kind of pool is the most practical pool to build, because it depends on your backyard and your landscape. Pool builders will have no hard time to fit the pool if you have other complex shapes in mind. With the free-form, you can express your style and theme based on your plans for your backyard. If you choose to integrate landscaping of trees and shrubs or make it look more formal, it will reflect your taste in design and personality. The good thing in free-form swimming pools is that they impose no rules on shape and can be geometrically mixed of curves and lines. The downside of a free-form is a customized cover if ever you plan to have one. Also, the cost will vary based on how simple or complex your chosen shape.
Talk to Us at TLC Outdoor Living!
What are you waiting for? Start building your fantastic pool with TLC Outdoor Living. Our team of expert pool builders will guide you on how you can utilize your space and enjoy your swimming pool before the summer begins. Have an endless way to enjoy your home resort or spa with our luxury pools. At TLC Outdoor, we design and build your swimming pool the way you want it to be. Contact us now and let us make the perfect pool for you!